Looks really intriguing. I’d buy it during a sale or something.
Heroes of Shaola
A downloadable game for Windows
Zenman Empire is the largest nation in the world. It is located in the central region and surrounded by the bloodthirsty Martia Kingdom (formerly the Martia Tribes) in the north, the deceptively powerful Amazail Kingdom in the south, and the unpredictable House Lagidis in the west.
Each year, the vassal factions must pay a tribute with gifts, weapons, women, and gold to Zenman Empire.
Its capital city, Zalumi, has been protected by the four most powerful noble families. Those four families are the Sutherlands, the Pantelakos, the Totens, and the Rileys.
One morning, Leonardo, the only child of the Sutherlands, was nowhere to be found. His mysterious disappearance shocked the nation.
Meanwhile, in the north, Martia Kingdom has been staring at Zalumi for years. The Amazailians are also lurking around from the south.
Both are growing tired of being a vassal nation. They are tiring of paying tributes to Zenman Empire.
They have been watching Zalumi like a hawk, waiting for a chance to take action.
Sources from Iron Eagle, the mysterious organization from Zuda Kingdom, revealed that Martia and Amazail have been trying to form an alliance.
The once great Zenman Empire is suddenly facing two big threats from the north and south.
Characteristics and Features
- Zelda-like jump, slash bushes, find secret treasures, explore hidden areas.
- Final Fantasy-like battle system, but with visible enemies. No random encounters or invisible monsters. Bandits and aggressive beasts will approach you. Less aggressive opponents will leave you alone, unless you initiate the attack.
- Grinding is unnecessary. All you need to do to win is be careful with each decision, look out for quests and hidden secrets, manage your money (buy/sell) wisely, and use your skills, items, and potions carefully.
- Plots and dialogues are managed carefully in order to bring each character to life.
- No Game Over. We all know how much time we spent dying on games and it's the most frustrating thing in the world.
- There is replay value. Multiple endings depend on many variables, including multiple choices and subtle triggers.
- DRM-free. Just install the game to your PC and play.
The stories, settings and gameplay that have influenced the making of this game are:
• Game of Thrones and the novel A Song of Ice and Fire.
• The Middle-Earth universe from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
• Romance of the Three Kingdoms and the rivalries between factions.
• Zelda series and some aspect of the gameplay, rewards, secrets, hidden areas.
• Norse/Germanic, Chinese and Japanese mythology.
• European and Asian medieval history.
Minimum System Requirements
Operating systems: Windows XP to Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit) (the playable build might lag on old OS like Windows 98 or Windows 95)
Processor: 1 GHz or faster
RAM: 128 MB or more
Free space: 494 MB
|Updated||2 days ago|
|Release date||35 days ago|
|Genre||Role Playing, Adventure|
|Tags||Atmospheric, Exploration, Fantasy, Medieval, Mystery, Retro, Romance, Singleplayer, Story Rich|
|Average session||Days or more|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Steam Greenlight, Steam, Twitter, Support|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.79 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
The cold and cruel world of shaola, game of thrones style .
It starts out really challenging, I had to turn on Easy mode. Has a nice story, funny dialogues, the music is good and the game battle is okay.
In the beginning I was like ‘meh’, but the more I played the more I got hooked. I like the surprise elements and the plot twists. A lot of twists and turns. I ended up fast forwarding a lot of dialogues coz I couldn’t wait to know what happens next lol.
Bushes slashing simulator :D :D
Can't wait for the next game in the series.
A nice story with beautiful music/soundtrack and really good characterization.
Lots of fun!! Thank you for the game.
Addictive story, got me hooked .
The story is thoughtful and well-narrated. Some parts are so beautiful. Some are dark as hell. The scenes in that city in amazail are just cruel.
Unique game. You play as a young noble who got kidnapped to another kingdom. Unique story, good battles, fun gameplay. Overall it’s a fun game to play.
Yeah fast-paced game, masterful writing.
Fast game, nice but outdated graphics for a modern game, even for an indie game , very good story, really simple gameplay, easy controls that allow you to walk or run 8 directions, nice music. Good amount of action and special effects. Lack of sidequests. Really unique experience. The plotting and execution are very good.
An RPG with a heavy story focus. Good old school experience. Reminds me of those classic oldschool in the late 90s, early 2000s.
Very good RPG with some new/different elements. I enjoyed the story, characters etc...................... Keep up the good work guys ..
I consider this game it bit of a hidden gem,you're not even aware it's there and just happened to see this game by chance and it has been highly enjoyable.
A JPRG trapped in a Western RPG body. It offers an addicting story, nice soundtrack but a bit mediocre in gameplay and the graphic/art is a bit outdated.
I like it, i recommend this game to whoever love interesting story and plot twists.
Addictive story. I really enjoyed playing this game.
Interesting game, the demo is nearly flawless I'd say. Looking forward to the full release. Definitely a unique game.